- Bandung Independent School
To champion individual potential and cultivate leaders, as the school of choice for the internationally minded community of West Java.
Through engaging IB programmes, we empower inquiring, reflective, and caring lifelong learners to
continue striving towards a better world.
To support a relevant, challenging, and engaging curriculum for students in the area of Visual Arts. At
BIS, teachers are expected to provide an exemplary and internationally-minded education through
collaborative planning and continual assessment. A BIS Teacher participates actively in the school
appraisal system, taking ownership of their professional goals and modeling lifelong learning.
This position will be responsible for teaching early childhood and elementary students as per an adopted
schedule, with the possibility of teaching middle school students.
Skills and Requirements
● Commitment to international-mindedness, celebrating cultural differences and sharing a
genuine appreciation for diversity
● Facilitate a student-centered, inquiry-based learning environment
● Connect authentically to the PYP curriculum with developmental art skills and understandings
● Fluent English language skills (please reference IELTS / TOEFL score in cover letter)
● Bachelor’s degree in Art Education
● Teacher certification and experience in supporting students with a range of abilities
● Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
● Passion for lifelong learning, self-improvement and reflective practice
● Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including at least 1 booster)
Learning and Teaching Responsibilities
The following standards describe performance expectations of all teachers working at Bandung
Independent School. Bandung Independent School is a recognized IB Continuum school. Therefore, many
of the standards listed are consistent with the IB Programme Standards and Practices and the IB Learner
Profile. The role of the Area Principal or the immediate supervisor is to aid the teacher in professional
Full details on the school website. Click apply for more details.